Grant Writing Internship Information
Company Description: Mission (www.ForAccess.com) is to provide comprehensive
information to consumers about professionals worldwide.
Internships with Access Referral Network provide:
- Friendly environment to learn research and writing skills needed for grant requests.
- Opportunity to coordinate tasks and projects, research and fine-tune grant proposals.
- Introduction into both profit and non-profit aspects of business and development.
- Participate in general company meetings (4-6). (Requirement waived and other conditions apply if intern does not attend university or live in San Antonio area.)
- Work on any assigned team projects. (3-5)
- Maintain weekly report (emailed or faxed) to supervisor (due each Monday by 9 am)
- Create or recommend one new or substantive idea appropriate for implementation on Access site and one non-profit site.
- Create and maintain an automated record to track completion of projects assigned (grants submissions, follow-up dates, to do list, application steps, administration of grants, etc)
- Compare/Contrast report: Research 3-5 existing grant application samples. Report strengths and weaknesses, using results to make recommendations.
- Develop telephone script and contact (writing) skills with possible future grant donors.
- Develop future suspenses for grants that qualify but are not yet funded.
- Organize, file, and maintain grant documents and materials
- Add data as needed for proposals or administration of grants.
- Assist Director to develop:
1/a grant to assist a for-profit entity and
2/an intern related grant.
- Write end justification to support grants (2-4)
- Other assignments as assigned by Director of Grants Dept.
- Director of Grants will work with interns to reach particular $grant goals. (This is an excellent way for interns to learn how to write grants for their own future educational and research needs)
Hours Per Week: 16 to 20
How to Apply:
Mail or fax info below:
- Cover letter
- What skills do you offer, or why do you have a special interest in this internship?
- Include one reference of a professor or previous employer.
Qualifications: Candidates should be hardworking, dependable, attentive to detail, willing to learn, strong interest in organizational, research and writing skills. (This particular internship has a direct bearing on the intern. Several grants to be requested are for intern stipends.)
Added Features: In an effort to generate possible employment opportunities and marketing for interns, a special area on our site features interns, including names, photos, university name, university contact information, project assigned to each intern, and resume. Press releases will be sent to intern's area media (TV, radio, newspapers) regarding each intern, internship responsibilities and sponsoring university. (Interns and sponsoring universities may also provide additional addresses, such as hometown or academic newspapers, for additional news release requests.)
Interns may also be invited to business development, networking and marketing meetings provided by city/community groups (in an effort to make the community aware of the interns skills and projects, and to assist interns in practical, application development and training for necessary future business relationship skills.)
Internships available for Fall, Spring, and Summer Semester.
Location: Offices are located at 15303 Huebner Rd, #10, San Antonio, TX 78248
Contact: Access Referral Network, 15303 Huebner Rd, #10, San Antonio, TX 78248 (210-614-9911).
Best method of contact is through our "Contact Us" form on this site.